Chit Chat > Welcome

Hello! (and help, pls)

(1/1)

Shaggydabbydo:
Hi fellow pug owners.

I bought a Peugeot 306 SE 1761cc Petrol (2001) Cabriolet last September. To be frank, I needed a car and my friend has a friend who has a garage and the 'car' was at the right price point and came with 12 months MOT so I said yes without knowing it was a cab'.  Over the winter months, I've fell in love with it, and my initial thinking it would be rubbish as a removals van or sorts has gone - it's a giant bucket on wheels and is brilliant!

Anyhow, she has a few issues that defo need sorting. The exhaust broke in the middle, so I bodged it but finally got it welded.  Now it's gone again (this time just before the back box) and sounds meaty.  So I need a new exhaust. Mr Exhaust in Reigate seems to be cheap (about 330 quid), but am here to ask for recommendations for you pug lovers.

Last week, the odometer, rev counter and petrol gauge stopped working (although the temp gauge still works, and a few other lights on the dash). The interior light comes on, but not automatically when the door opens, nor does the beeper sound when the headlights are on and one opens the door (which caused a flat battery when I left them on the other day). And the clock & temp does not work now.  I guess these are all linked as they went at the same time.

The handbrake does not work any more, which caused her rolling into another car when I forgot to leave her in gear

So, with all that, I had to make a decision. ....... so I bought another!! :-) (am I mad??  :P )

I now have a second, this time a Peugeot 306 SE 1.6cc Petrol AUTOMATIC (2003) Cabriolet (from 'Roy' - he is/was a member here and told me to join this club/forum).  Seemed great, but has developed a few issues.  Central locking has stopped working (the first one the central locking does not work, but the keys open the two doors and the boot) BUT the boot is permanently locked and the key does not open it (and I have stuff in the boot) - nightmare. She sometimes decides not to have any ignition power, so I've found slamming the drivers door a few times helps with this.  Clock & temp flashing with strange symbols back and forth. I disconnected the battery to see if this would help, and now find I have no radio as I (and Roy) does not know the code, bummer.

So in summary, I need lots of advice and help.  I have fell in love with this model and love the wind in my hair (even during winter - that was excellent!) and I don't want to bin them. I'd like to try to fix their issues if I can. Or rather, find someone mechanically minded / mechanic / garage who can fix them for me for a reasonable fee(s).

So forum, can you help point me in the right direction. My thinking is that one car would be in use (auto) while the other is in for repairs (manual), then when the first is fixed, stick the second in for fixing.

I'm based in Hertfordshire btw, but will travel for love (of the pug).

Kindly regards, Shaggy

Mr Bob:

Hello!


--- Quote from: Shaggydabbydo on April 23, 2019, 08:34:26 AM ---
Last week, the odometer, rev counter and petrol gauge stopped working (although the temp gauge still works, and a few other lights on the dash). The interior light comes on, but not automatically when the door opens, nor does the beeper sound when the headlights are on and one opens the door (which caused a flat battery when I left them on the other day). And the clock & temp does not work now.  I guess these are all linked as they went at the same time.


--- End quote ---

Sounds like a fuse has gone, cant remember which number though


--- Quote from: Shaggydabbydo on April 23, 2019, 08:34:26 AM ---

I now have a second, this time a Peugeot 306 SE 1.6cc Petrol AUTOMATIC (2003) Cabriolet (from 'Roy' - he is/was a member here and told me to join this club/forum).  Seemed great, but has developed a few issues.  Central locking has stopped working (the first one the central locking does not work, but the keys open the two doors and the boot) BUT the boot is permanently locked and the key does not open it (and I have stuff in the boot) - nightmare. She sometimes decides not to have any ignition power, so I've found slamming the drivers door a few times helps with this.  Clock & temp flashing with strange symbols back and forth. I disconnected the battery to see if this would help, and now find I have no radio as I (and Roy) does not know the code, bummer.


--- End quote ---

key issue could be the battery is flat, however you could try to re-syncing the key to the car

http://306cab.com/index.php?topic=6722.0


as for the boot it sounds like the lock has been changed at some point, you can take out the  back seat and with a long pole try to push the lock open though the access holes

the lose of ignition power sounds like a wobbly battery connection, when you slam the door it shakes it and makes a connection?


clock and temp might just need reset, have you pushed the buttons next to the clock/temp screen to see if that fixes it?

as for the radio i would guess removing it and putting an aftermarket cd player/head unit in would be the better idea unless you want to keep it standard?

Shaggydabbydo:
Hi Mr Bob,

Thanks for the reply.

I'll give the owner manual (very kindly available on this forum) this evening to see if I can see which fuse it is for the odometer/rev counter etc, for the manual pug.

With the auto, when I press the lock button and unlock buttons, there's a small click by the door lock, but nothing else. I shall source some new batteries for the fobs and change them just in case. I shall also have a go at removing the rear seats and using the long stick approach if the new batteries in the fob idea does not work, thanks.

I'll check battery connections.

I'll try a clock/temp reset as you suggest (I've not tried that yet).

I'll also look to getting a newer cd player fitted.

Do you, or anyone else in the forum, have any recomendations for where to get a new exhaust fitted (to the manual car) and the car looked over by someone(s) who knows about our lovely pug cab's?

Regs, Shaggy

Shaggydabbydo:

--- Quote from: Mr Bob on April 23, 2019, 01:30:12 PM ---clock and temp might just need reset, have you pushed the buttons next to the clock/temp screen to see if that fixes it?

--- End quote ---

Success!  The clock is now working, the temp sensor as well, but may not be that reliable.

May not seem like much, but a win (no matter how small) is a win  8)

Kind regards, Shaggy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version